what the finnish frog does.

Monday, June 11, 2007

EXCELLENT WEEK



All in all, last week was pretty cool. Summer finally came back from it's holidays.



I worked hard on the last paper i had, on the disarming of colombian paramilitaries. I had read more than enough on what is a very complicated situation, and managed to do (in my opinion) some relevant analysis on the subject. Although the initial page limit of 5 stratched to twelve, heh. But, i turned that in on wednesday, and was a free and happy man.

The next morning the Ivan and Marius, the norwegian guys, managed to convince me (and themselves, since it was at an early hour) to go and try to get tickets for the Roland Garros tennis tournament. We got in and with thirteen euros, we could see all the matches except the mens and womens singles. We saw John Mcenroe play, as well as the mens doubles semi-final. The best match was still the boys semi-final; these little guys whacking the sh** out of the ball. And yeah, they all really wear those white hats and sweaters neatly placed over their shoulders.

Thursday night was a sciences-po party my friends had organised which was loads of fun. The next morning, having had a big night out and feeling a little shaky, a game of ping-pong was in place (we have a table downstairs). You wouldnt believe it, but ping-pong makes you sweat; so we took our shirts off, and by the time we were done, we were soaking weat. To go back to our floor, we decided to take the elevator, so as to avoid anybody seeing our naked sweaty personas. Down came the elevator, and we opened the door and the new girl from our floor was inside. There wasnt anything left to do so we went in, into the 3 square meters. What a jolly ride. The conversation was uncomfortable, to say the least, and the elevator isnt too fast either. She must have stuttered Marius' name three times, until Marius said "you can just call me mr.M".

This week I am moving out of the norwegian house, and i am flying to Finland the 19, tuesday (plane lands at 14.05). I think I have to start organizing my departure here. To cancel or close anything (cell phones, bank accounts, social aid), you have to write and send a handwritten letter. Stone ages baby, stone ages.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man! Paris in spring is the best! I've been missing it so much around these days... What I miss the most is les pique-niques au bord de la Seine =(
But Sarkozy is not puting it any easier for me to go back... unless he keeps on hanging out with Putin and ends up losing it. Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4u3449L5VI

12:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home